The contest is over. Congratulations to Leah and Joseph for getting all 8 answers correct and winning a Sonos Roam.
You’re a big fan of podcasts. You listen to them all. the. time. Maybe even while showering or falling asleep. Or maybe you’re just a casual listener who likes discovering new shows. If this even slightly describes you, we have the contest for you. Have some podcast-loving fun while also trying to win a Sonos Roam Speaker.
Introducing The Podcast Riddle Challenge
Prizes provided by
As huge fans of podcasts (duh), we love getting podcast recommendations from our friends. That’s why we subscribe to many podcast newsletters. We feel this is the best way to hear about great podcasts.
So, we’ve decided to have a fun contest to encourage you to learn about some newsletters that maybe aren’t on your radar yet. The beauty is that all of our newsletters are different.
In the month of October 2022, each participating podcast newsletter will include its own unique podcast riddle in their newsletter and all you have to do is guess the name of the podcast it’s referring to. Here’s an example below. Can you guess the podcast this is talking about?
Prizes are provided by The Squeeze, Skye Pillsbury’s free weekly newsletter that pulls back the curtain on the podcasting industry via investigative reporting, interviews, and commentary. Subscribe here.
Subscribe to all the participating podcast newsletters for a chance to win. You’ll also get the riddles as soon as they come out.
View all the riddles and submit your answers below. (The submission forms are closed. Stay tuned for a winner!)
Podcast Brunch Club
Earbuds Podcast Collective
Podcast The Newsletter
Hurt Your Brain
Rules (in a nutshell):
The 2 people with the most correct answers will each win a Sonos Roam speaker.
If there are more than 2 people with the same amount of correct answers, the winners will be picked randomly.
The winners must be subscribed to all the participating newsletters at the time their names are chosen (November 12th, 2022). You must use the same email address for each newsletter subscription so we can verify. If not, we will pick another winner.
The individual submission forms will close on November 11, 2022 11:59pm ET.
This contest is only open to people with a U.S.-based or Canadian-based mailing addresses.
Nobody associated with any of the participating newsletters or The Squeeze can win.
Full legal stuff at the bottom of this page.
Good luck from Adela, Arielle, Lauren, Melody and Danny, Stephen, Tal, Erik, and Paul
The Legal Stuff
We are not lawyers but we realize we need to make some statements so no one gets upset with not winning the awesome prizes. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF THIS LEGAL MUMBO-JUMBO IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, YOU WATCH RERUNS OF LA LAW OR THE GOOD WIFE OR IF YOU ARE A LITIGIOUS PERSON.
1. This contest is sponsored by Podcast Gumbo.
2. Agreement to Rules: By entering this The Podcast Riddle Challenge, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor’s Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this Contest, You represent and warrant that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this The Podcast Riddle Challenge Contest. The Correct Answers Are Determined At The Sole Discretion Of The Sponsor.
3. The Podcast Riddle Challenge Contest Entry Period: This promotion begins on OCTOBER 1, 2022 and ends on November 11, 2022 11:59pm ET (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the Contest, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
4. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter The Podcast Riddle Challenge Contest by: a) Subscribing to all participating newsletters and b) Submitting an answer to any or all the riddles. One entry per person and that person can only use one email address.
5. Prizes: There will be two Winners of the Contest (the “Winner”) who will each receive a Sonos Roam speaker. The Sonos Roam speaker has an approximate retail value of $179 (U.S. dollars). There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
7. You must be 18 years or older to enter and win.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner:
a) The 2 people with the most correct answers will be the winners.
b) If there are more than 2 people with the same amount of correct answers, the winners will be picked randomly by the sponsor on November 12th, 2022. All decisions are final and not reviewable.
The winners must be subscribed to all the participating newsletters at the time their names are chosen (November 12th, 2022). You must use the same email address for each newsletter subscription so we can verify. If not, we will pick another winner. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) by email within ten days following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return an executed declaration and release within the specified timeframe, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize offered in the Contest by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate The Podcast Riddle Challenge Contest should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the The Podcast Riddle Challenge Contest. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of The Podcast Riddle Challenge Contest, to void submissions for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by The Podcast Riddle Challenge Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. No purchases necessary to enter or win.
10. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this Contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF MASSACHUSETTS. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this contest, that they waive any right to dispute the outcome of this contest. However if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this Contest, the Entrant waives all rights to any awards for damages. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.